WE OPERATE AT A HIRE LEVEL
The quality of our work is a direct reflection of the team we’ve built. To join our Austin creative agency in our relentless push towards creative nirvana, show us you are a fearless marketer, innovative advertiser, and serious thinker.
Note to all who are applying or have applied to a Rock Candy Media job posting: Do not apply on We Work Remotely. We do not conduct Google Hangout interviews and any company/person asking is a scam.
Digital Content Strategist
Candidate will be responsible for creating original content for a variety of channels: social media channels, website copy, ad copy and manage up to 5 client communities and content platforms.
– Updating clients on a daily basis
– Keeping open communication with the Art Director and Strategy Director to get ETA’s and deliverables to clients and the company owner
– Have an innate sense of why people buy–must share a love of guerrilla marketing
– Have the ability to take content and repurpose it, while keeping the messaging intact, on a variety of social channels (i.e. a FB post should be different than a tweet–nothing is automated here, everything is custom
– Report directly to Strategy Director and be able to foresee any deadline issues before 2pm
– Manage monthly campaigns which are not limited to: reporter lists, outreach, social posts, event promotion, vendor coordination
– Understand news, announcements, events, launches and related client industry information
– HTML updates and fixes – basic HTML understanding (no need to code original but need to be able to edit a site that is done), most of our sites are on WordPress
– Setting content strategy for client goals (marketing campaigns)
– Understanding of SEO, social media, and basic website structure
– Experience writing marketing emails, advertising copy, and website content
– Portfolio of writing samples required
– See our launches / company culture on facebook.com/RockCandyMedia
– Complete application in full
Social Media Manager
Candidate will strategize digital advertising campaigns through social media platforms. They must communicate with the Digital Content Strategist and creative team to create a 360 marketing experience. We want you to have at least 1 to 2 years experience in marketing or advertising. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effortlessly with clients, our SEM team, our publicity strategist, our creative director, and the rest of our full-service team. You must have knowledge of using Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Linkedin.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Calling all top designers who love what they do and are good at it. We are looking for a full-time conceptual designer well versed in web design, but has enough of a design background to apply to other formats.
Our own brand is our passion. As one of the top 3 best advertising agencies in Austin, we are proud of the way we market ourselves and always put reputation first. So please do your due diligence and see the creative we put out. We want fearless; we’d rather reign a designer in because we don’t believe we can push them out. Scare us, make us nervous because you want us to.
The graphic designer will work directly with the Art Director & Creative Director. We never want to pigeonhole ourselves and we are called ‘the anti-template’ for a reason. We don’t want the norm. We push the boundaries with our content and the designs need to reflect our company culture. Our competitive salaries will be based on experience.
What you will do:
– UI/UX Elements
– Social artwork across all channels
– Basic Animation (think .gifs for social) * Attend client meetings – you will have a lot of face time with all of our clients
– A key trait we need: a great designer can take constructive feedback and come back to us with something better
What you need:
– Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art, similar concentration or equivalent experience
– Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Fireworks and Illustrator
– Willingness to learn new design programs
– 3-4 years online design experience
– Strong conceptual / creative thinker
– Superior attention to detail
– Able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment
– Experience using software such as Basecamp and Toggl are a plus
– Experience in online advertising and digital marketing
– Must understand sarcasm, have a good sense of humor, and a very open (non-PC) attitude.
– An understanding of how to work directly with our web developer
Optional but Cool:
– Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
– Relevant degree
Freelance Advertising Copywriter
You will work directly with the content strategists or creative director to ensure your copy works hand-in-hand with the visual concepts generated by the Art Director. All copy must be written in the tone suitable for the client and brand style and appropriate for many platforms, mostly digital. We want clever and concise copy. We want someone that gets our style innately, so please study how we market ourselves before applying.
The copywriter needs to understand our clients’ brands and benchmarks to effectively work with the content strategists who report directly to the clients. The copywriters must keep an eye on any changes to the media landscape that will influence concepts and make projects innovative and fresh.
Daily projects may include:
– Brand messaging
– Ad copy
– A/B testing messaging
– Search-optimized website copy
– Email marketing (body copy and subject lines)
– Social media content
– Campaign ideation
We believe the best copywriters have an innate talent and we are looking for ones that understand Rock Candy Media first and foremost as our own brand is the most important one.
Portfolio of writing samples required.
FREELANCE PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Rock Candy Media is seeking a Freelance Public Relations Specialist to assist our team of advertisers in generating earned media for our clients. Our ideal candidate will be able to illustrate a proven ability to gain placements in leading print and digital publications.
We are an all-retainer agency, so if you give us good work we’ll give you a ton of hours.
– Write, review and optimize client press releases
– Research ideal publications for placement
– Create custom pitches for each target publication
– Follow-up on pitches and ensure accuracy of published material
– Report results of press campaigns to RCM team and clients
– Regular communication with the RCM team via Basecamp, email and phone calls
– This position will be expected to provide performance updates, manage client expectations, determine and maintain goals and opportunities for every client’s guaranteed satisfaction and improvement
– Proven ability to obtain media placements
– Strong writing skills
– Ability to manage multiple press campaigns at once
Please submit your experience relative to the requirements outlined above along with your resume. Also, note your availability and provide three examples of media placements you’ve obtained for clients.
Freelance Marketing & Partnerships Strategist
Rock Candy Media is looking for someone with a keen eye for opportunity, and a penchant for partnerships to work directly with our content strategist on maximizing client marketing efforts.
We’ll want you to:
– Plan and support long-term business plans with new and existing client partners that will result in mutual value creation
– Follow through to ensure partnership execution
– Conduct research on industry and regional competitive landscapes
– Create co-marketing, cross-promotional campaigns
– Manage relationships with client partners
– Complete the application in full
Freelance Photoshop Specialist/Retoucher
Rock Candy Media is looking for a freelance Digital Retoucher who will be responsible for digital assets, color correction, photo manipulation, and retouching product images for our clients. The Digital Retoucher will report to the Creative Director and senior team to elevate brand imagery and follow all post-production workflow processes for final deliverables.
– Expert Color management for digital imagery
– Control the quality of all retouched images and prints
– Retouch images to RCM standards
– Artistic sensibility and strong eye for detail
– Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
– Knowledge of RGB & CMYK Workflows & Clients’ brand guidelines
– Establish and police file naming and photo-tagging
– Maintain and update Approved Digital library with preferred images
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– 1+ years of prior experience in commercial retouching including color correction, compositing, masking, resizing, optimization, file output and management
– Background in photography, retouching and / or graphic design
– Strong and polished retouching skills – keen eye and aesthetic
– Ability to work collaboratively and deliver quality imagery
– Proactive and able to show initiative to foresee and resolve problems related to imagery
– Extensive knowledge of color theory
– Ability to work quickly and efficiently
– Consistency in following RCM Standard Operating Procedures
– Work overtime if/when needed, and clear communication of availability
– Promptly notify your manager of issues that may arise
If you do well and earn the trust of the senior team, and be the first eligible for any full time opportunities that may arise.
Rock Candy Media is looking for an illustrator who can obviously design well, but also be able to take constructive criticism and come back to use with something better. The ideal candidate knows how to marry the emotional with the rational, to give us illustration done as a digital experience that is thoughtful and memorable.
Please supply us your hourly rate and online portfolio. You will only be considered if you have an online portfolio.
Freelance PPC / SEM Manager
Rock Candy Media is seeking a Freelance PPC/SEM Manager to assist our team of advertisers in showing Google what’s what. Our ideal candidate will be able to illustrate a proven ability to enthusiastically to generate returns through paid search, while finding new opportunities from untapped keywords or ad networks.
Approximately 10-15 hours per week, working remotely.
Develop campaign strategy, budget and tactical allocation to meet client goals (within clients margins)
Manage all paid campaigns across digital channels (search, paid social, display, retargeting) including:
– Campaign execution (ideation, set up, launch, ad creation & tracking)
– Monitor, track, and report on relevant metrics for all clients
– Day-to-day campaign optimization and management (tracking, delivery, pacing, and optimization)
– Competitive research and troubleshooting (leveraging 3rd party tools)
– Achieve target goals by critical thinking and decision-making in the execution of each campaign
Regular communication with the RCM team via Basecamp, email and phone calls. This position will be expected to provide performance updates, manage client expectations, communicate campaign strategy, determine and maintain goals and opportunities for every clients guaranteed satisfaction and improvement.
– Proven experience in tracking conversions
– Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics
– Advanced understanding of digital planning and strategy
– Full capability to drive traffic with testing and analysis of keywords, copy and landing pages
– Research and make recommendations that will support organic and paid initiatives for all client keywords
– Knowledge and experience in management PPC/SEM campaigns (Adwords, paid social)
– Ongoing knowledge of evolving SEO / SEM tools, trends, tactics, as resource
– Highly analytical and can manipulate numbers easily
Please submit your experience relative to the requirements outlined above along with your resume. Also, note your availability and one example where a client derived value from an AdWords campaign.
WORDPRESS WEB DEVELOPER
Rock Candy Media is looking for a freelance developer to help out the in-house crew. Besides laying down phat lines of code and squashing bugs, we need someone who is open to using new technology in unexpected ways, who is able to follow the conventions but also to challenge them when necessary. Also should be able to code nice, responsive websites that even an 8 year-old could edit in WordPress.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
– Extensive knowledge of WordPress including theme building from scratch (Must have multiple examples)
– Common WordPress plugin experience like ACF, Woocommerce, & Ninja Forms
– Responsive design and build, with or without utilizing frameworks such as Bootstrap
– HTML5, PHP5, CSS3 including transitions/animations, jQuery
– Knowledge of when to use Client Side vs Server Side techniques
– Prepare and slice design concepts from Adobe CS assets
– Must be able to collaborate on projects
– The ability to quote dev time accurately & meet deadlines
– Interact with clients directly and via phone on occasion
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter along with a portfolio link or relevant work examples.