Digital Content Strategist
Candidate will be responsible for creating original content for a variety of channels: social media channels, website copy, ad copy and manage up to 5 clients’ communities and content platforms.
– Updating clients on a daily basis
– Keeping open communication with the Art Director and Strategy Director to get ETA’s and deliverables to clients and the company owner
– Have an innate sense of why people buy–must share a love of guerrilla marketing
– Have the ability to take content and repurpose it, while keeping the messaging intact, on a variety of social channels (i.e. a FB post should be different than a tweet–nothing is automated here, everything is custom
– Report directly to Strategy Director and be able to foresee any deadline issues before 2pm
– Manage monthly campaigns which are not limited to: reporter lists, outreach, social posts, event promotion, vendor coordination
– Understand news, announcements, events, launches and related client industry information
– HTML updates and fixes – basic HTML understanding (no need to code original but need to be able to edit a site that is done), most of our sites are on WordPress
– Setting content strategy for client goals (marketing campaigns)
– Understanding of SEO, social media, and basic website structure
– Experience writing marketing emails, advertising copy, and website content
– Portfolio of writing samples required
– See our launches / company culture on facebook.com/RockCandyMedia
– Complete application in full
Rock Candy Media is looking for a designer with a penchant for breathtaking visuals and a focus on user experience. The ideal candidate knows how to marry the emotional with the rational, to create digital experiences that are thoughtful and memorable.
– Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
– Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
– Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
– Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and clients
– Establish and promote brand guidelines, best practices and standards
– Proven Web Design experience
– Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
– Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
– Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
– Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
– Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
– A standout portfolio
Optional but Cool:
– Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
– Relevant degree
Freelance Advertising Copywriter
Rock Candy Media is seeking an advertising copywriter to supplement our collection of creative sales talents. The advertising copywriter will be responsible for generating engaging copy, slogans, calls-to-action, subject lines and any other eye catching material to incorporate into our comprehensive advertising and marketing campaigns.
– Meeting with account executives to discuss the client’s requirements and core messages and target audience.
– Familiarizing themselves with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market.
– Brainstorming ideas and concepts for campaigns with the creative team.
– Writing creative copy in line with client and campaign goals.
– Pitching ideas to the creative director and content strategists.
– Reviewing progress, modifying copy until the client is satisfied.
Freelance Photoshop Specialist/Retoucher
Rock Candy Media is looking for a freelance Digital Retoucher who will be responsible for digital assets, color correction, photo manipulation, and retouching product images for our clients. The Digital Retoucher will report to the Creative Director and senior team to elevate brand imagery and follow all post-production workflow processes for final deliverables.
– Expert Color management for digital imagery
– Control the quality of all retouched images and prints
– Retouch images to RCM standards
– Artistic sensibility and strong eye for detail
– Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
– Knowledge of RGB & CMYK Workflows & Clients’ brand guidelines
– Establish and police file naming and photo-tagging
– Maintain and update Approved Digital library with preferred images
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– 1+ years of prior experience in commercial retouching including color correction, compositing, masking, resizing, optimization, file output and management
– Background in photography, retouching and / or graphic design
– Strong and polished retouching skills – keen eye and aesthetic
– Ability to work collaboratively and deliver quality imagery
– Proactive and able to show initiative to foresee and resolve problems related to imagery
– Extensive knowledge of color theory
– Ability to work quickly and efficiently
– Consistency in following RCM Standard Operating Procedures
– Work overtime if/when needed, and clear communication of availability
– Promptly notify your manager of issues that may arise
If you do well and earn the trust of the senior team, and be the first eligible for any full time opportunities that may arise.
Rock Candy Media is looking for an illustrator who can obviously design well, but also be able to take constructive criticism and come back to use with something better. The ideal candidate knows how to marry the emotional with the rational, to give us illustration done as a digital experience that is thoughtful and memorable.
Please supply us your hourly rate and online portfolio. You will only be considered if you have an online portfolio.
Freelance PPC / SEM Manager
Rock Candy Media is seeking a Freelance PPC/SEM Manager to assist our team of advertisers in showing Google what’s what. Our ideal candidate will be able to illustrate a proven ability to enthusiastically to generate returns through paid search, while finding new opportunities from untapped keywords or ad networks.
Approximately 10-15 hours per week, working remotely.
Develop campaign strategy, budget and tactical allocation to meet client goals (within clients margins)
Manage all paid campaigns across digital channels (search, paid social, display, retargeting) including:
– Campaign execution (ideation, set up, launch, ad creation & tracking)
– Monitor, track, and report on relevant metrics for all clients
– Day-to-day campaign optimization and management (tracking, delivery, pacing, and optimization)
– Competitive research and troubleshooting (leveraging 3rd party tools)
– Achieve target goals by critical thinking and decision-making in the execution of each campaign.
Regular communication with the RCM team via Basecamp, email and phone calls. This position will be expected to provide performance updates, manage client expectations, communicate campaign strategy, determine and maintain goals and opportunities for every clients guaranteed satisfaction and improvement.
– Proven experience in tracking conversions
– Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics
– Advanced understanding of digital planning and strategy
– Full capability to drive traffic with testing and analysis of keywords, copy and landing pages
– Research and make recommendations that will support organic and paid initiatives for all client keywords
– Knowledge and experience in management PPC/SEM campaigns (Adwords, paid social)
– Ongoing knowledge of evolving SEO / SEM tools, trends, tactics, as resource
– Highly analytical and can manipulate numbers easily
Please submit your experience relative to the requirements outlined above along with your resume. Also, note your availability and one example where a client derived value from an AdWords campaign.
FREELANCE PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Rock Candy Media is seeking a Freelance Public Relations Specialist to assist our team of advertisers in generating earned media for our clients. Our ideal candidate will be able to illustrate a proven ability to gain placements in leading print and digital publications.
We are an all-retainer agency, so if you give us good work we’ll give you a ton of hours.
– Write, review and optimize client press releases
– Research ideal publications for placement
– Create custom pitches for each target publication
– Follow-up on pitches and ensure accuracy of published material
– Report results of press campaigns to RCM team and clients
– Regular communication with the RCM team via Basecamp, email and phone calls.
– This position will be expected to provide performance updates, manage client expectations, determine and maintain goals and opportunities for every client’s guaranteed satisfaction and improvement.
– Proven ability to obtain media placements
– Strong writing skills
– Ability to manage multiple press campaigns at once
Please submit your experience relative to the requirements outlined above along with your resume. Also, note your availability and provide three examples of media placements you’ve obtained for clients.